In Canvas, you can enter a website URL as an assignment submission. When a URL is submitted as an assignment, Canvas takes a screenshot of the web page at the time it was submitted.
Before submitting an assignment, you may want to review all assignment information, such as the assignment rubric, if any. You may also have the option to resubmit assignments if your instructor allows.
Third-Party File Application Submissions
You can submit assignments from Google Drive, Dropbox, or another third-party service via your desktop computer in one of two ways:
- Download the file to your computer and submit as a File Upload
- Share the file, copy the file URL, and submit as a Website URL
- Not all of your assignments may be submitted online. If you cannot see the Submit Assignment link, your instructor may want you to submit your assignment in a different way, or the availability date has passed. View the description of the assignment for instructions, or contact your instructor for assistance.
- You can also submit assignments using your Android or iOS device.
- If enabled in your account, Canvas plays a celebration animation when you submit an assignment on time. However, if you prefer, you can disable this feature option in your user settings.
- If the assignment you are accessing displays differently, your assignment may be using the Assignment Enhancements feature option. Please view this guide for more information.